Notes on battery charging
- Project: BatteryCharging
- Project status: Reference
- Page created: 2018-11-15
Important: If you use these values, use them at your own risk. I do not
leave batteries unattended while charging or discharging them.
Batteries have a label on Dymo 18488 flex Nylon tape, 12mm, font size "XS":
MM/YYYY is the date code for having bought that battery.
See this website for
Temperature max charging 40 degC.
- Documented: 1900-2000mAh, charge firstname.lastname@example.orgA / 1.1h@2A, discharge @400mA to 1.0V
- 80% of nominal capacity is 1520mAh.
- Charge only: P11 C=1.25A
- Refresh: P01 C=1.25A, D=0.4A, C=1.25A
- Documented: 750-800mAh, charge email@example.comA / firstname.lastname@example.orgA, discharge @160mA to 1.0V
- 80% of nominal capacity is 600mAh.
- Charge only: P12 C=0.5A
- Refresh: P02 C=0.5A, D=0.16A, C=0.5A
Eneloop "Pro" AA
- Documented: 2450-2550mAh, charge email@example.comA / firstname.lastname@example.orgA, discharge @500mA to 1.0V
- 80% of nominal capacity is 1960mAh.
- Charge only: P13 C=1.25A
- Charge-discharge-charge: P03 C=1.25A, D=0.5A, C=1.25A
Eneloop "Pro" AAA
- Documented: 900-950mAh, charge email@example.comA / firstname.lastname@example.orgA, discharge @190mA to 1.0V
- 80% of nominal capacity is 720mAh.
- Charge only: P14 C=0.5A (TODO)
- Refresh: P04 C=0.5A, D=0.19A, C=0.5A (TODO)
BU recommends charging at no less than 0.5C to secure -dV full charge detection. My charger does also utilize temperature and total capacity limits, though, and some other cut-off limits that I usually do not turn on.
Ansmann 5030992 (AA, 2100mAh, silver)
- Documented: 2000-2100mAh, charge email@example.comA / firstname.lastname@example.orgA / email@example.comA, discharge @420mA to 1.0V
- 80% of nominal capacity is 1600mAh.
- Charge only: P15 C=1.25A
- Refresh: P05 C=1.25A, sleep=20m, D=0.42A, sleep=20m, C=1.25
Conrad 251020 (AA)
- Documented: 2500-2600mAh, charge firstname.lastname@example.orgA / 1.25-2.5A -dV@0-5mV, discharge 0.25-7.5A
- 80% of nominal capacity is 2000mAh.
- Charge only: C=1.3A
- Refresh: C=1.3A, sleep=20m, D=0.5A to 1.0V, sleep=15m, C=1.3A
- Charge at 0.8C (or 0.5-1C) while in CC mode (or check datasheet)
- Charge to (when reaching CV mode) 4.10V (max 4.20V, but less voltage means less stress to the battery)
- Discharge to 3.0-3.3V
- Documented: 2500-2600mAh, max discharge DC=5.0A to no less than 2.75V, max T=60degC. Charge at 0.52-1.3A to 4.2V until I at CV is 0.026A.
- Charge only: C=1.0A to CV=4.1V, then to <=0.026A
- Refresh: Charge as above, sleep 20m, D=0.6A to 2.9V, sleep 10m, charge as above
- Design capacity 3400mAh
- Documented: 3300-3400mAh, for "standard cycle", charge CC@0.68A to 4.2V, then CV to 0.17A, discharge @0.68A to 2.8V, rest 30 min
- Charge at 1A (max current 2A)
- Includes Protection circuit
- Charge only: C=1.0A to CV=4.1V, then to <=0.017A
- Refresh: Charge as above, sleep 20m, D=0.7A to 3.0V, charge as above