Pinball machine storyboard
This is the current plan for the game story. It may be changed once I find
an even better idea.
As I enjoy flying (though I have piloted a glider plane only, and given that
up due to lack of free time), the game will be designed around flying a jet
With this background, I can add lots of nice features and wrap them into the
general story of a (not too realistic) flight. Currently, my ideas include
- turbulences, realized as a combination of four bumpers
- night-flight mode, all the lights are switched off, and a few red LEDs provide a little light to play in. This feature is the more interesting the darker the surroundings of the machine are, of course. Also black light might be a nice feature.
- airports, consisting of (drop?) targets
- engine failure, deactivation of all mechanical playfield parts but flippers, this one should last only, say, 0.5 to 0.75 seconds and happen not too often, but would be a nice teaser. Points are not awarded during this time, but the first target hit after engines are "on" again should include some bonus points.
- ATC instructions like "fly to waypoint XYZ", and when player hits the respective target, a bonus is awarded
- acrobatic flight, simply implemented in a ramp
- landings, when the ball is lost from the playfield, and with this also:
- touch-and-go, when the ball would be lost but is blocked and given back to the player
- flying in formation more than one ball is on the playfield
- IFR routes painted on the playfield and leading the way to some targets
- hangar door, a lock and/or ball eject mechanism
- Simulator flight for some period of time after ball start, when a drained ball is given back to the player
- Somewhat crazy: Duty Free Shop, after a jackpot thingy has been achieved, a bonus game in the backbox is activated and gives out little plushy stuffed animals? Would be very funny, i have yet to find out if this can be realized.
I have started a more exact definition of the game's features in a rulesheet